Sunday, March 1, 2009

Unemploiement it's like any other job

You get together with other unemployed, rant about the management and generally about the system, brag about former unemployed positions "A few years ago I was a bum, now THAT was life!". You set goals and get rewards for finding good excuses: "I'll send my application but my mail doesn't work. I think it's the damn ISDN connection" / "Yeah, mine it's broken too. Here, have another beer". Like on any other job, at every turn there is a time crisis: "I can't take out the trash! Can't you see I'm busy?! I'm writing my resume. And after that I have to go to the social services and I'm already late" Of course, since you're late you storm out of the house but, being a smart guy, you know there's no point in going to a closed Social Services Office so you steer to the pub tired from all the hassling...

No comments:

Post a Comment